Save the date for the USEmobility final conference
We are happy to announce the USEmobility final conference that will take place in the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities.
Date of the conference: 13.02.2013, 10:00 – 16:00 o’clock
Conference title: Why do European travellers change the transport mode? Facts and implications on policy and providers.
Date: Wednesday, 13th of February 2013 at 10:00 – 16:00 o’clock
Venue: In the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften)
Jägerstraße 22/23, 10117 Berlin, Germany - Entrance: Markgrafenstraße
Conference moderator: Judit Schulte-Loh
Conference language: German, with simultaneous translation German/English
Welcome by Dirk Flege, Managing Director of the Allianz pro Schiene e.V.
USEmobility image film, aims and approach of the USEmobility research
Jolanta Skalska, head EU projects, Allianz pro Schiene e.V.
Welcome and keynote speech
Michael Odenwald, State secretary, BMVBS Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development
Why the European Commission supports the project?
Frank Smit, European Commission, DG Research & Innovation
USEmobility-Survey: People in Europe are willing to change transport mode
Thomas Krautscheid, Head of Division Transport, Marketing and Environment, Quotas GmbH
USEmobility on-site: Concepts that are accepted by the users Christian Grotemeier, Partner, BSL Transportation Consultants GmbH & Co. KG
Roundtable discussion USEmobility international: What distinguishes the Austrian, Belgian, Croatian, German and Hungarian ‘swing users’?
- Christian Höller, VCÖ Mobilität mit Zukunft, Austria
- Stijn Lewyllie, European Passengers‘ Federation / TreinTramBus, Belgium
- Slavko Stefičar, Savez za Željeznicu, Croatia
- Jolanta Skalska, Allianz pro Schiene, Germany
- Judit Varga, Clean Air Action Group, Hungary
Discussion with the audience
Work with USEmobility: Future actions from the users‘perspective
Andreas Geißler, Transport Policy Consultant, Allianz pro Schiene e.V.
USEmobility in practice: Roundtable discussion with transport companies, politicians, science and civil society
- Asst. Prof. Borna Abramović, PhD, Head of Chair for Railway Organisation, Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences University of Zagreb
- Klaus Garstenauer, Head Local and Regional Transport and Authorised Representative, ÖBB Personenverkehr AG
- Niels Hartwig, Head of Division Passenger Transport, Public Transport Systems, Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development
- Christopher Irwin, Vice-Chairman European Passengers‘ Federation
- Frank Klingenhöfer, Intergroup Relationship Director Arriva UK Trains
- Joachim Korn, Managing Director Regiobahn GmbH
Discussion with the audience
Short conclusions from the conference
Dirk Flege, Managing Director of the Allianz pro Schiene e.V.
Time to talk
Please note that this is a draft programme, we reserve the right to change any point.